An Ongoing History of the Recent Stupid UFC Interim Title Creations and Other Dumb Match Making Decisions
July 1st, 2017 by Mike Coughlin
I’ve decided this will be my new white whale: the current UFC regime’s stupid policy towards titles. After so many years of doing an outstanding job of protecting the integrity of their titles, often having fights of lesser importance headline simply because a few pounds of shiny was at stake.
Now, Vince Russo has somehow come up with $4b and is running around booking shit. Titles not only mean less than ever but the company is legit finding new ways every few weeks to find a new bottom. The UFC is the drug addict moving on to more and more destructive drugs.
This will be the running tally of each new creative way WMEI 97.9 runs the prestige of a UFC Championship into the ground, further and further down to the core of the earth.
Recent UFC Title Fuckery
- Interim Featherweight Title – Jose Aldo, which was later promoted to a real title a week before they created…
- Interim Featherweight Title – Max Holloway
- Interim Lightweight Title – almost Nurmagomedov or Ferguson
- Interim Light Heavyweight Title – Jon Jones, for a belt that Cormier holds, itself once an interim strap for Jones’s prior belt, the one Jones never lost
- Women’s Featherweight Title – Germaine de Randamie
- Women’s Flyweight Title – TBD
- Interim Middleweight Title match Won by Robert Whittaker and within a minute mocked by Bisping in the middle of the cage.
- New UFC Women’s Featherweight Champion after first and only Champion never has a single attempted defense
UFC products you can actually buy!