Frankly, this stinks; an injury takes Frankie Edgar out of UFC 218
November 8th, 2017 by Mike Coughlin
Little Caesars Arena
Frankie Edgar has a boo-boo and is no longer challenging Max Holloway for the UFC Featherweight Championship at UFC 218.
Edgar posted the following on Instgram:
I feel like he uses this same picture to troll Johny Hendricks.
In the aftermath of this devastating news* a number of fighters have volunteered as tribute to be a replacement, however.
Jose Aldo said he’d rather fight Holloway than Lamas:
— Jose Aldo Junior (@josealdojunior) November 9, 2017
(You really don’t deserve a rematch, buddy.)
Lamas said he’d rather fight Holloway than Aldo:
I’m down. 🤷🏻♂️ 👇 #ufc218
— Ricardo Lamas (@RicardoLamasMMA) November 8, 2017
And for some reason, Cub Swanson chimed in:
— Cub Swanson (@CubSwanson) November 8, 2017
Yeah, I don’t get that one much myself, though at least it would be someone new in the title mix.
BTW, I fully expect the UFC to have Holloway fight someone for an interim title now. Yes, I know he’s already champion but just you watch…
(Still a good card, though.)
[WATCH] UFC 218 FREE LIVE STREAM (of consciousness) RESULTS & RECAP
- Featherweight Max Holloway (c) vs.
- Heavyweight Alistair Overeem vs. Francis Ngannou
- Flyweight Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
- Lightweight Eddie Alvarez vs. Justin Gaethje
- Women’s Strawweight Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson
- Lightweight Charles Oliveira vs. Paul Felder
- Welterweight Alex Oliveira vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Lightweight David Teymur vs. Drakkar Klose
- Women’s Strawweight Felice Herrig vs. Cortney Casey
- Welterweight Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Sabah Homasi
- Light Heavyweight Jeremy Kimball vs. Dominick Reyes
- Women’s Strawweight Amanda Cooper vs. Angela Magaña
- Heavyweight Justin Willis vs. Allen Crowder
BUY UFC 218 STUFF