ROH Death Before Dishonor XIV
This preview will help catch fans up on the current storylines as we are just hours away from ROH’s big summer PPV, taking place tonight, August 19 at Sam’s Town Live, located at 5111 Boulder Highway in Las Vegas, NV 89122. Ticketscan be purchased now. Order the show live on PPV here.
ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Adam Cole
- Motivated by revenge after Cole shaved Lethal’s head on TV, Lethal is hell-bent on destroying Cole and continuing his yearlong ROH championship reign. Cole, a former ROH World Champion himself, is not above using nefarious tactics to win a match. This one is destined to be a classic. Lethal is always motivated to have an amazing match, and Cole has really developed into a top-notch performer as well.
ROH World TV Championship: Bobby Fish (c) vs. Mark Briscoe
- After dispatching of ACH to become the #1 contender to the TV title, Briscoe now finds himself across from Bobby Fish, the man who choked out Tomohiro Ishii. This is Briscoe’s first ever one-on-one match for the TV title. Regardless of who is victorious, the winner will be defending the belt against Shibata the next day at the television tapings. While smart money would seem to indicate Fish retains, Briscoe is no slouch in the ring as a singles performer, and it would not be a huge shock to see Briscoe get the win.
ROH World Tag Team Championship: Triple Threat
The Addiction (“Almighty” Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Michael Elgin vs. Tetsuya Naito and Evil
- It could be a long night for the addiction who will be facing not one but two New Japan Pro Wrestling teams. The Addiction only recently won the titles back in May, and is in a tough position to retain, as they do not have to be beaten to lose the titles. It’s a must win for The Addiction.
IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. Dalton Castle
- The evil “Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada’s IWGP Heavyweight title is not on the line, but it’s still a huge opportunity for the “Party Peacock,” Dalton Castle. Castle has already shown why he is a top talent in ROH in a relatively young career.
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Silas Young
- This marks Shibata’s first match in the United States. He will be up against the Last Real Man in professional wrestling. Expect some wild action here. Young is dynamite in these types of hard-hitting matches.
Six-Man Tag: Chaos (Roppongi Vice: Trent Baretta & and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and The Guerrillas of Destiny: Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa)
- The team of Trent Baretta and Rocky Romero team up with Toru Yano to challenge the Bullet Club. The two most dominant factions in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, CHAOS and Bullet Club, are bringing their rivalry to the U.S. in a huge six-man tag match. There’s plenty of history and bad blood between CHAOS founding member Yano and Takahashi. Once a teammate of Yano’s in CHAOS, Takahashi turned on his allies and defected to the Bullet Club two years ago. Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa are sons of the legendary Haku, while Baretta and Romero are two of the most underrated performers in all of professional wrestling today. This should be an excellent match.