Queer Next to a Steer, Texas
UFC 228 is tomorrow and as was noted during the latest edition of MMA & STUFF, it isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire. Nonetheless, there is the very real chance that Darren Till won’t make weight, which could cascade into another hilarious example of THE UFC HAS BECOME A SHIT SHOW.
Till has missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights, is taking this bout on short notice, and has to endure a round of media and travel with which he’s unfamiliar. He’s also in Texas, so that can’t help things going right.
Fingers crossed that he misses weight because the fallout will be fun. If he doesn’t miss? We get what will no doubt be a boring af (AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!) main-event. Who wants that? Commies and Commie Lovers, that’s who. Are you one of those? Better not be, boy.
UPDATE: Till made weight, which is amazing, but Nico Montano did not. She was taken to a hospital because trying to lose a million pounds of water in 24 hours is – shock – not healthy. We here at HalfGuarded hope she isn’t seriously injured but beyond that don’t give a shit.
UFC 228 Weigh In Video
UFC 228 Weigh In Results
- Tyron Woodley (170) vs. Darren Till (169) – UFC Welterweight Championship
- Nicco Montano ()* vs. Valentina Shevchenko (124.5) – NICO NO MAKE WEIGHT AND NO HAVE TITLE FIGHT HAHAHAHAHA moron
- Brandon Davis (146) vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov (146)
- Jessica Andrade (116) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115)
- Abdul Razak Alhassan (170.5) vs. Niko Price (170.5)
- Carla Esparza (115.5) vs. Tatiana Suarez (115)
- Cody Stamann (135.5) vs. Aljamain Sterling (135.5)
- John Dodson (135.5) vs. Jimmie Rivera ()
- Charles Byrd (185) vs. Darren Stewart (185.5)
- Diego Sanchez (171) vs. Craig White (171)
- Jim Miller (155.5) vs. Alex White (155)
- Irene Aldana (135) vs. Lucie Pudilova (134)
- Jarred Brooks (125.5) vs. Roberto Sanchez (126)
- Frank Camacho (171) vs. Geoff Neal (170.5)