Ice Age 6 is likely the last movie in the ultra successful Ice Age franchise. The sequel to Ice Age 5 (and 1,2,3,4), given Hollywood’s love of money and all that, Ice Age 6 is coming. This is what you should expect.
Poll: Are you interested in Ice Age 6?
Ice Age 6 Plot
The fifth installment of the Ice Age franchise saw Scrat sent into outer space on accident. He flew around with aliens and ultimately had to save the earth from inevitable doom, though in the process he kinda sorta accidentally killed all life on Mars. These things happen. While all that was happening, the usual gang was back on earth, saving the day by deflecting away a giant asteroid. Everyone was happy. Well, except Scrat because he was now the world’s first genocidal maniac, even if it was on accident.
Ice Age 6 will see Scrat finally redeem himself. He will take charge and lead the film, as he has been destined to do. How, you ask? Simple: time travel.
Ice Age 6 is the last film in the Ice Age franchise and as such it will tie together everything that has come before. At the end of the first Ice Age, Scrat wakes up 20,000 years in the future. All his friends are dead, but he has his nut. He LOVES his nuts. While in the future/present, Scrat will learn exactly what finally killed off everyone he loved and using the technology from the alien ship in the fifth movie, he travels back in time to save the day. And in true Scrat form, he does it with hilarious visual gags. Everyone will think they saved the day but Scrat will be the true hero, finally letting the lovable little guy get his day in the sun.
Ice Age 6 Director
Galen T. Chu will direct Ice Age 6. He’s already spoken about ideas he has for the film and with the massive profits to be made, all at a time when Hollywood is desperate for money, it’s a no brainer that they’ll not upset a money making apple cart.
Ice Age 6 Writers
Galen T. Chu will write Ice Age 6. He will be joined alongside by Ice Age 5 writers Michael J. Wilson, Michael Berg, Yoni Brenner, and Aubrey Solomon. The fearsome fivesome worked magic in the past and, again, this is Hollywood: they don’t take chances. Joss Whedon will not be a script doctor, though Jodie Foster might. Weird, right?
Ice Age 6 Posters & Ice Age 6 Pictures
Ice Age 6 Trailer
The Ice Age 6 trailer hasn’t been released obviously, so you’ll have to relive it all through a number of the other Ice Age trailers. Imagine it’s like this, but with a more epic feel. And aliens. And time travel.
Ice Age 6 Release Date
The Ice Age franchise has been pretty regularly on a 3-4 year cycle and with the immediate success of Ice Age 5 they’ll kick into high gear. A three year turn around is to be expected. It gives enough time for them to burn through the merchandise of the fifth edition while still being just fresh enough in people’s minds. Ice Age 6 will be released July 7, 2019.
Ice Age 6 Cast & Stars
- Ray Romano as Manny
- John Leguizamo as Sid, a ground sloth
- Denis Leary as Diego, a saber tooth tiger and the member of The Herd
- Queen Latifah as Ellie, a female woolly mammoth – Manny’s wife
- Seann William Scott and Josh Peck as Crash and Eddie, two opossums and Ellie’s brothers
- Simon Pegg as Buck, a one-eyed weasel
- Keke Palmer as Peaches, a young female woolly mammoth – Manny and Ellie’s daughter
- Jennifer Lopez as Shira, a female saber tooth tiger – Diego’s wife and former first mate pirate
- Neil deGrasse Tyson as Neil deBuck Weasel, a weasel astronomer who exists in Buck’s mind (he’ll be helpful with the time travel stuff)
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Shangri Llama, a yoga-loving llama and the spiritual leader of Geotopia
- Jessie J as Brooke, a ground sloth
- Adam DeVine as Julian, a woolly mammoth
- Wanda Sykes as Granny, an aging ground sloth and Sid’s grandmother
- Melissa Rauch as Francine, a ground sloth who has a close relationship with Sid as she is his former girlfriend
- Michael Strahan as Teddy, a fearless rabbit and a resident of Geotopia
- Nick Offerman as Gavin, a handsome dromaeosaur and the father of Roger and Gertie
- Stephanie Beatriz as Gertie, a dromaeosaur and Gavin’s daughter
- Max Greenfield as Roger
- Lilly Singh as Bubbles and Misty, a pair of “minicorns” who reside in Geotopia
- Chris Wedge as Scrat, a saber tooth squirrel – and our hero!
- Charles Dance played a vampire in Dracula Untold. He won’t be one here but instead do voice work as a new, unnamed character.
Best Actor/Actress in Ice Age 6
Dennis Leary, doing an impressive of what it would be like if Bill Hicks sold out. Hardcore.
Worst Actor/Actress in Ice Age 6
Dennis Leary again. The joke stealing hack.
Potential Ice Age 6 Titles
- Ice Age 6: Back to the Past
- Ice Age 6: One Tough Nut
- Icee Age 6, a tie in with 7-11.
- Ice Age 6-D, just to trick kids into thinking there’s something more than 3-D
- Lukewarm Age
- Cold Age
- Climate Change Age
- Hollowed Out Ice Cubes That No One Likes … Age
- Ageless Ice
- I Am Iced Out (dang it, that’s just like I Am Legend 2)
- Ice Treasure (it’s like a time travel version of National Treasure 3… right?)
Will Ice Age 6 Be Worth Seeing?
If you’re a kid. Or have kids. Or like looking at kids.
Ice Age 6 Box Office Forecast
These things print money. Ice Age 5 tapered off a bit from the previous films and still had almost half a billion in money made, all off a $100 budget. Ice Age Six’s box office will be $333,000,000.01
Will there be a Ice Age 6 Online Release?
You better believe it. With a special edition just before Christmas.