MMA & STUFF #80: The week that BOXING(?!) ruled the world
May 4th, 2017 by Mike Coughlin
Boxing has returned to its glory as the best ever! (WHAT?) Also: PVZ pretends to be sexy but isn’t.
OK. Bye, iTunes quick look preview thing, hello real people who truly matter!
MMA AND STUFF PODCAST of FUN/UFC PODCAST of FUN:
- Boxing??? Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko.
- Nate Diaz goes on for an hour and a half rambling interview and it was great. He talked Dana White, Tony Ferguson, Conor McGregor, and when he’ll fight next.
- Nick, Nate, and Gilbert Melendez were on Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain last week.
- Anderson Silva is back in the news. He celebrated Festivus with Ariel Helwani this week where he listed several grievances with the UFC. He wants an interim title fight with Yoel Romero or he will retire. Should he get it?
- Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier have been going at it on twitter. Is their feud more “real” than others?
- Francis NGannou has moved from France to Las Vegas.
- Paige VanZant made a weird reebok clothing ad with her phone this week and promptly removed it from her social media.
- Dan Henderson resurfaced in the news this week. He is doing an autograph signing with Tito Ortiz for Bellator in May. Could this possibly lead to Hendo getting back into the cage?
- Belfort vs Marquardt. Pettis vs. Miller.
- Steven Colbert – Jokes – Facebook is popular – Strict Constructionists – Ticks – Racists in Boston – Isaiah Thomas – Mike talks about himself for 30 minutes. (HEY!)
- Oh, and Mike am Going to Yale.
And makes sure to support MMA AND STUFF (but only if you support a two state solution for Oregon).