Now GSP will fight for the welterweight championship
May 22nd, 2017 by Mike Coughlin
Dana White doesn’t own the UFC but it runs it. Dana White has run it well. I don’t know if that’s the case anymore.
I think the inmates are running the asylum or something. Anything. Please. Whatever it takes to convince me this company has a plan.
White was on TSN and, well, this happened:
“[St-Pierre] says he will fight whoever the 170-pound champion is when he comes back,” White said.
He also said that if Bisping’s knee isn’t healthy, they’ll do Yoel Romero vs Robert Whittaker for – wait for it – ANOTHER FUCKING INTERIM CHAMPIONSHIP.
- GSP says he’s returning.
- UFC announces GSP vs Bisping for the middleweight championship.
- GSP then says that he doesn’t want to fight until November, because presumably after years away, he still needs more time.
- Bisping then says that he doesn’t want to wait for GSP.
- Then Bisping changes his mind and says, “Yeah, I’ll wait for him. My knee is fucked up anyways.”
- Dana comes out and says GSP and Bisping won’t fight.
- GSP’s manager says the most logical fights for St. Pierre are Bisping or Conor McGregor.
- Dana reappears and says that GSP will fight for the welterweight title whenever he’s ready.
- Dana also says that Bisping won’t be in the next MW title fight, that they’ll create a fucking interim belt.
- Luke Rockhold pouts.
This fucking company, man. Jeezuz.